How To Achieve Strong Healthy Hair
It's true what they say: 'You are what you eat'. Which is why looking after yourself on the inside, as well as the outside can really affect the look and feel of your skin hair and nails. Shiny, healthy hair is a sign of great health, so how do we strengthen and protect our luscious locks?
To encourage beautiful hair, we need to start with the basics to ensure our health regime is giving us the best opportunity to shine, literally. Over washing can cause your hair to dry out as you are robbing your hair of natural oils, causing your hair to look dull and lifeless. Try to wash hair as little as possible, no more than every other day, if you can avoid it.
OUR TOP PICKS-
1. Paul Mitchell offers a Cruelty-Free Strength & Clarifying Duo, which works to strengthen and revitalise your hair. It also leaves your hair feeling more manageable as it works to increase the elasticity of your locks.
2. Redken All Soft Shampoo's keratine-enriched complex replenishes hair while adding intense softness. Gently cleanses and softens. Replenishes moisture to dry hair using argan oil technology. Adds softness and transforms the texture of dry and brittle hair.
3. Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo cleanses, exfoliates and renews the scalp with wintergreen derived salicylic acid. Clinically proven to remove the build-up of sebum and product residue that can clog pores and affect healthy hair. Nourishes dry, tight scalps with extracts from millet seed and milk thistle, equalising the lipid balance. Contains densiplex, an invigorating blend of Ayurvedic herbs, including turmeric and ginseng. One of 7 groundbreaking products honoured with Gold-level Cradle to Cradle certification.
All hair craves a much needed moisture injection, which is why choosing a luxurious conditioner that’s tailored to your exact hair type is a must. We have chosen our favourite conditioners which have been tried and approved by us and that we highly recommend that you try.
OUR TOP PICKS -
1. Kérastase Fondant Chroma Captive Shine Intensifying Care is a rinse-out treatment for coloured hair. The fondant helps protect colour intensity in its most perfect state leaves hair looking beautifully shiny. Rinse-out care for coloured hair. Protected, intense, luminous: your colour looks radiant.
2. Pamper your hair with the TIGI S-Factor Diamond Dreams Conditioner luxe formula containing diamond dust and crushed pearl. Smooth out signs of damage and help protect against the stresses of styling, for a sparkling shine finish.
3. An alluring blend of antioxidant rich coconut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong, tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine. OGX® Brazilian Keratin Smooth Conditioner's rich, sulfate free formula smooths and strengthens your curly or wavy tresses.
Rubbing, and brushing hair when wet can cause breakages too. Wet hair is delicate so treat it gently to avoid getting split ends. Gently squeeze wet hair with a towel, and brush with a wide tooth comb. Once those knots are brushed out, leave it. Avoid blow drying and over brushing if at all possible.
If you must blow dry or even straighten your hair, ensure you protect your hair with a heat defence product. Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray is a cruelty-free product that protects your hair from heat damage, without weighing it down. It's light and natural, but still extremely effective.
OUR TOP PICKS-
1. Kérastase Elixir Ultime for Coloured Hair is enriched with a rich blend of precious oils, including argan and maize, the oil is suitable for all hair types and deeply nourishes, controlling the look of frizz whilst boosting shine and reducing the appearance of split ends. Kérastase Elixir Ultime for Coloured Hair can be used pre or post blow dry, and throughout the day for a nourishing pick-me-up. Fortified with thermal and humidity protection.
2. Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion keeps hair hydrated with no flyaways. Provides thermal and UV protection plus humidity control. Smooths, eradicates frizz and resists humidity. Provides thermal protection. Delivers nourishing moisture with a non-greasy feel. Gives effortless brush glide when blow drying to reduce breakage.
3. Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer Mask Pot is an intensive treatment for hair needing extra nourishment with signature blend of Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter. Garnier's rich nourishing formula, with its velvety balm texture leaves frizzy hair feeling nourished, looking super smooth and frizz free even in damp weather.
From big, bouncy blow dries to long, luxurious locks, you can have a red hot new hairstyle every day with all of the amazing products on the market at the moment. We have chosen our top 3 hair styling products for you to try!
OUR TOP PICKS-
1. Boost up hair with flexible fullness and bold, gutsy style. Directional spray allows for precise application. Lift up the roots or apply all over for volumes of attitude. Lifts up the roots or provides all over volume. Creates structure. Provides a lasting, natural and flexible feel.
2. Curly and tightly spiraled hair needs control without the crunch. The Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse lightweight yet powerful formula is enriched with argan oil to tame, define and hold curls naturally for hours while sealing in moisture and keeping out frizz. Curls and ringlets are left looking soft, smooth and natural in any weather.
3. - Ultra fine spray: resists heat up to 232c and prevents thermal damage. Adds shine and smoothes and helps improve strength. Helps to seal cuticle. Lychee, Japanese Honeysuckle & Rice Brain Oil help to smooth, defrizz and add brilliant shine.
Where would we be without our hair tools? These gadgets can take our hair from a 2 to a 10 with a little bit of magic and a flick of curling wand. I have certainly been through my fair share of a hair dryers, straightners and curling wands, so I have picked my top 3 styling tools for you to try.
OUR TOP PICKS-
1. So what makes the ghd air™ different? Well, almost everything. Its 2,100W motor makes it much more powerful than a normal hairdryer, while the body itself is shaped to give you a faster blow-dry. The ghd air™ doesn't just dry your hair, it uses advanced ionic technology to lock in moisture for softer, shinier results that last for longer, with far less frizzing. Variable power and temperature controls, plus the choice of two nozzles, allow you to tailor your blow-dry to your hair type, while a cool shot button helps you set your style in place with a blast of cold air. The ghd air™ is also a breeze to use thanks to an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to hold for both left and right-handed users, and a 3m long power cable that gives total flexibility as you dry. It's not just hot air, it's a breath of fresh air.
2. The ghd platinum™ styler uses safer-for-hair heat that delivers ultimate styling results in just one stroke. What's more, hair is also proven to be healthier, stronger and shinier. Using ghd's patented tri-zone™ technology, ghd platinum™ works quickly and effectively to straighten, curl and style in just one stroke, without compromising the health of your hair.
3. Create perfectly defined, free-flowing curls using this premium conical wand with an extended length barrel, perfect for even longer hair. The true titanium finish has a gentle hold to prevent the hair from sliding down the barrel, making styling easier whilst leaving hair looking lustrous and healthy. Using exclusive technology Titanium Ceratherm™ System which combines both premium titanium and ultra-advanced ceramics, heat is instantly transferred into the hair with immediate heat recovery which means styling time is considerably reduced and the finished results last even longer. Even more kinder to hair, this styler has variable digital temperature control with 11 different settings up to 210˚C to provide enhanced hair protection on all hair types for added styling benefits.