Apricot and Chocolate Puffed Rice Bars
Delicious fruity puffed rice bars which are the perfect mid-afternoon snack!
|Ingredients||100 cal||600 cal|
|Unsweetened Puffed Rice||4g||24g|
|Vanilla Extract||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
100 cals = 1 portion
600 cals = 6 portions
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a small pan over a medium heat reduce the honey by half
- Put the rest of the ingredients, apart from the white chocolate, into a large bowl and pour over the hot honey. Mix well using a wooden spoon until everything is well coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and place another piece of parchment on top. Use your hands to firmly press the mixture into all corners and until the surface is even.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove from the tin, place on a chopping board, strip off the parchment and slice into portions, depending on how much you have made.
- Finally, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on low power for 15 seconds at a time.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate equally across the bars.