Delicious gingerbread bites which are the perfect mid-afternoon snack!
|Ingredients||100 cal||600 cal|
|Vanilla Extract||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Water||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Ground Ginger||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
100 cals = 1 portion
600 cals = 6 portions
- Preheat the oven to 120 and you'll need to 2 baking trays, one of which should be lined with parchment paper.
- Place the dates onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from the oven and set aside. Meanwhile, in a food processor pulse the nuts to a coarse consistency.
- Tip the dates into a free-standing food mixer with a beater paddle and work until broken down to a pulp.
- Add the nuts, vanilla extract, water and spices. Mix until well combined. Slowly add the ground almonds until it comes together to form a dough.
- Then tip out onto a work surfact and knead together until the dates have broken down and you have a dough-like consistency.
- Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking tray and press down flat with the back of a spoon.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- When set, remove from the fridge and chop into bite size pieces.