High Protein Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk (or your milk alternative, I use semi-skimmed cow's milk)
- 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 2 scoops of your favourite chocolate flavoured whey protein powder (I use GoNutrition's Whey 80)
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder (depending on how chocolaty you like it - I like Green & Blacks organic cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum (I've checked, and this is easily available from Tesco and Holland & Barratt)
- In a pan, add together the milk, whey, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, and almond butter.
- Heat it all up at medium heat while whisking.
- Take it off the heat as soon as it gets hot but not boiling hot—think warm enough to touch. If you wait any longer and the mixture boils, the whey will start to curdle.
- And that's it! Enjoy!