Pistachio and Yogurt Cake
|Ingredients||500 cal||3000 cal|
|Light Olive Oil||16ml + Extra for greasing||100ml + Extra for greasing|
|Plain Low Flat Yogurt||40g||240g|
|Self Raising Flour||23g||138g|
|Berries||1 tbsp||6 tbsp|
Single Meal; 1 Portion = 500 cal
Batch Cooking; 6 Portions = 3000 cal
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/315°F/Gas mark 2–3.
- Oil a 23cm (9in) springform cake tin with a little light olive oil or use some low-fat spread.
- Start by finely grinding the pistachios in a food processor, then set aside.
- Using a free-standing electric mixer, beat the eggs and the sugar together until very pale and thick. This will take about 5 minutes, so be patient with it!
- Next, gently mix in the yogurt and olive oil.
- Now, sift in the flour and fold in using a spatula, then add the ground pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Top with crème fraîche and mixed fresh berries.