Why Nutrition IS Important
Nutrition is going to be the cornerstone to you achieving your goals…
While exercise burns calories, makes you feel and look fitter, improves your muscle tone, makes you stronger, and more, nutrition is going to be the driving force as to whether you successfully change the way you look and feel long term. Most people exercise a few hours of the week, but we eat 3-6x a day, it’s those 16 hours were awake each day, and the decisions we make, what we choose to eat, that will get us the results we desire.
I’m Ben Coomber, Gym Cube’s resident nutritionist, here to help you achieve all your goals and empower you with a diet for life. Follow these quick and easy to implement steps to get your goals off to a good start, and when you’re ready, check out the nutrition journey I’ve built for you on the Gym Cube website….
1. Get to bed on time and get a good quality night’s sleep, without sleep you can’t function optimally, and a lack of sleep is research proven to make you crave more food and make you feel more stressed. Aim to be in bed for 10.30pm and get a good quality 7-8 hours sleep.
2. Eat protein at all key meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choosing any dense protein source such as chicken, eggs, beef, or if you are vegetarian or vegan, a similar replacement that has adequate protein in for our daily needs.
3. Carry a water bottle around with you and ensure you are drinking a good 2 litres a day, 3 if you do lots of movement and or exercise.
4. Vegetables and fruit, ensure you are eating plenty, a good 2 servings and all key meals, the cornerstone to our diet providing all the essential nutrients we need for optimal health, glowing skin, and good daily energy.
5. Increase your daily movement, especially if weight loss is a goal, start walking places, parking further away at the supermarket, doing an bit extra in your workout, it all helps increase your calorie output and thus increases your chances of weight loss.
6. Finally, be positive, be happy, go into your new program and set of goals with vigour and positivity that you now have the right information to be happy, healthy and have the body you want. Gym Cube have all the right information, help and guidance you will ever need, now you just need to trust in the process.
See you in the nutrition journey when you’re ready…